_____________________________________________


Saturday, May 5, 2007

Cagsawa marketday in Albay


Do you remember that church at the foot of Mt. Mayon....? As far as i can remember, there was no photographic records of that place before it's destruction from the wrath of mayon volcano....

What i've tried to do here is the daily scene that was there before.... I don't know how close i got there, but my imagination told me that this is how it should be then....

The town is called Cagsawa, and if there was a church there based on the bell tower at the foot of mayon now and continuesly disappearing, there should be a marketplace too somewhere close to it....

So this is my version of the little town of Cagsawa as i've pictured it in my mind.... This is a 91cm x 91cm oil on canvas....

No comments:

________________YOU ARE HERE________________

Hotels Combined - Search All Hotel reservation sites at once!